The PRFMS welcomes new members.
- We are open to everyone;
- membership cost is free;
- meetings are held about twice per year on Tuesdays at 7 pm at the PR Museum Admin Bldg (or outdoors during Covid);
- Work parties are called as needed.
- Member responsibilities (see below)
We have about 13 active members.
Apply for membership Our form for hand-written applications could be printed from here and mailed or delivered to us.
——highlight to ***; copy and clip to emailer and edit as needed———
Yes! enrol me as a prospective member of the PRFMS. I understand:
– Voting privileges and member card will be issued at a meeting following attendance at two meetings or work parties.
– I must apply again if no attendance for a year.
– There are no annual dues.
– I will update contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include me on emails or phone list for work parties, updates, meeting notices for these areas: (delete as needed)
- Both areas
- Willingdon Beach Trail
- Miniature Paradise Valley Railroad
Mailing Address: with postal code
Areas I’ll help with (delete as needed)): trail/track labour, carpentry, metal work, meeting planning, photography,
computer/administration, information table staffing/ticket selling, Other__________
***—————————-clip to here for email———————–
Membership will be confirmed by phone and email
Good Standing To remain a member in good standing, members must
- Support and comply with the Constitution and Bylaws
- Attend two or more work parties or meetings in one year
- Follow the procedures and safety standards for work parties
Willingdon Beach Trail Work party procedures
With the WB Trail now in a City Park, procedures are now much more controlled than in the past.
Work Party Procedures.
- Work Party Notification
- The Director of Trails or his representative calls all work parties.
- Members must not initiate their own independant work parties.
- Significant work parties will be notified to City Parks by email for insurance purposes
- Safety: we’d like to continue our 30 year accident-free record
- Caution signage must be present at work parties
- Hi-Viz vests should be worn to alert trail walkers that maintenance activity is underway.
- Chain Saw users shall use chainsaw chaps, helmet with viser and ear protection. (PRFHS owns two sets)